CURRENTLY HIRING: EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
Please submit cover letter and resume to P.O. Box 4393, Davis, CA 95617
or by email to Meg Harper, firstname.lastname@example.org
GRACE IN ACTION MISSION AND PROGRAM BACKGROUND
To accomplish this mission Grace in Action engages in the following activities carried out by one paid staff and dozens of regular volunteers:
- Oversee a rest & respite program for guests on Mondays and Wednesdays between 12-1:30pm at local churches, where lunch, compassionate outreach and vital connections to other services are made,
- Conducts outreach to guests around Davis and beyond,
- Networks with other providers of services—primarily Davis Community Meals, the Interfaith Rotating Winter Shelter and other like partner agencies such as Legal Services, Walter’s House rehab and other shelter or health related/rehab or homeless resource facilities in the county,
- Provides training, advice and critical updates to the congregations of Davis concerning their role in meeting the needs of homeless individuals and others struggling with poverty,
- Holds times of prayer to focus on the needs of guests, volunteers and policymakers.
Grace in Action Executive Director Job Description
This position is 20-30 hours per week and compensation is determined based on experience.
Duties include the following:
- Oversee the administration of the Grace in Action ministry.
- Give direction and leadership to the formulation and achievement of the organization’s philosophy, mission, and its annual goals and objectives and complete annual reports.
- Work with the Board of Directors to develop and implement policies, procedures, and long-range strategic plans.
- Assures the smooth running (logistically) of congregational facilities hosting Grace in Action,
- Coordinate public communication (based on need defined by the Board of Directors) about the ministry,
- Participate in preparation of and, following board approval, oversee administration of Grace in Action’s annual budget.
- Establish and oversee active volunteer program, including providing training and leadership.
- Maintain a close working relationship with representatives of partner congregations, Davis and county-based services for homeless individuals and the community.
- Develop methods and materials to equip the churches to serve the poor and marginalized in the community.
Personal Life Profile:
- Have a heart and desire to serve Christ by serving members of the homeless community
- Possess a servant’s heart
- Has a high standard of integrity
- Possess strong leadership skills
- Is detail oriented
- Is committed to communicating with and responding to questions from board and volunteers
Skills: Must be able to:
- Communicate clearly in written and verbal forms
- Use (or willing to learn how to use) QuickBooks Online
- Interact and assist marginalized and homeless individuals on a regular basis