The members of the Grace in Action Board of Directors would like to share exciting updates about this ministry with you. We also have new ways you can learn about our activities through published interviews with our Ministry Director, Mary Lou Rossetto. Enjoy reading the updates, and click on the links below. Also, please let us know if you would like more information about how you, too, can be involved.
- Our laundry ministry has been a huge success, with vouchers given to some guests each month to clean their clothes and other belongings. Your donations and a grant from Soroptimist International of Davis fund this ministry, along with the generosity of the Laundry Lounge.
- Several guests have benefited from the services of a local optometrist who provides eye examinations and glasses at a reduced rate paid by Grace in Action thanks to the support of our partner churches and individual donors.
- Donations to Grace in Action allow guests in need of clothing to go shopping with the director at local thrift stores.
- Some guests who have stepped away from homelessness and into jobs and housing continue to visit Grace in Action to encourage others.
- You might enjoy watching Mary Lou during an interview with Davis Community Television at the following link: http://dctv.davismedia.org/content/studio-grace-action
- University Covenant Church produced an interview called Mary Lou & Grace in Action: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lN_TqOL0K2c
- Recently a guest was given several nights in a clean motel room while recovering from a hospital stay, thanks to funds from a grant from St. Martin’s Episcopal Church and emergency funds from other churches.
Thank you for your continued interest in Grace in Action as we strive to reach out to those without shelter and basic needs.