We always need spiritual, volunteer, and financial help along with donated goods (see the list below).
First and foremost, we appreciate your prayers for our homeless guests as well as for the ministry of Grace in Action. In addition, we would be happy to accept donated Bibles, especially larger print, paperback copies. An in-kind donation receipt is available for your tax records should you donate Bibles or other spiritual reading materials for our Grace in Action guests.
We have volunteer needs for lunch preparation (once a month) and lunch and hospitality service (Minister of Hospitality; once or twice a week). Volunteer requirements:
– Provide and prepare lunch for our guests once a month
– Obtain and prepare sandwiches for 25-30 guests
– Deliver sandwiches to onsite location (United Methodist on Mondays and Pole Line Baptist on Wednesdays)
– This is a great activity for individuals, bible studies, small groups, or volunteer organizations
A Minister of Hospitality must:
– Be at least 18-years old and assigned to a veteran Minister of Hospitality for training.
– Serve a minimum of at least six months in the organization (or one quarter for students).
– Enlist to work a regularly-scheduled task or activity.
– Complete and submit (via email or turned in hard copy at our ministry locations) the first two pages of the Minister of Hospitality Application and maintain this agreement form for you own records.
To volunteer with Grace in Action or for more information about volunteer opportunities, please contact our director Steve Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 530-792-1053
Your financial contribution will help provide much needed services to the least fortunate of our community. Please help us to continue this vital ministry by making a donation today via PayPal or by sending a check.
If you prefer, you may send your tax-deductible donations to:
Grace in Action, Inc.
P.O. Box 4393
Davis, CA 95617
You can also support Grace in Action through your purchases on Amazon by using the link below to access Amazon Smile, a program which donates to our non-profit each time you make a purchase.
Federal Tax ID: 30-0208781
Ca State Tax ID: 2550289
|Accessories||bicycle lights, flashlights, locks|
|Camping Supplies||clean sleeping bags, two-person tents, usable adult daypacks|
|Office Supplies||printer cartridges: used but visibly undamaged HP, Dell or Lexmark ink or toner cartridges. Please NO remanufactured cartridges of any brand|
|Emergency Food Supplies||canned tuna or chicken, crackers, cereal bars, fruit cups, cookies, cracker & cheese packs, small canned meats in poptop cans, pudding cups|
|Health Supplies||cough drops, OTC cold medicines, travel antacid, mosquito repellent, OTC allergy medicine, antibiotic first-aid ointment, travel sized tissue|
Donations of goods may be taken to either of the following locations:
United Methodist Church of Davis
1620 Anderson Rd.
Hours: T-F 9:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. & 1:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
University Covenant Church
315 Mace Blvd.
Hours: M-F 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Clothing: If you are looking for a home for your donated clothing, please ask that your donation be put on consignment for Grace in Action at Right & Relevant. Funds from this consignment account will allow our homeless guests to purchase needed clothing or shoes for a job interview or special occasion.
In-Kind-Services: If you would like to donate in-kind or pro bono skilled or professional services such as plumbing, electrical, general maintenance, mental health counseling, health care, financial auditing, tax preparation, or serve on our board of directors, please contact our us at email@example.com.